Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My notes to a buddy up North. . . .


I thought the debate went well. Cheney got off easy looking so mean. Sure he's comfortable in his own skin, but then again he's ok being a mean little man (so short).

Edwards best point was the thing about them and us. The quote was too long to get on TV, but the lines about Kerry and Edwards standing with the people versus the drug/insurance/big business were the best lines and drove a distinction between the two parties. It was also weird how the media kept saying it was a tie, but . . . .

What did you think? This Friday debate is really cramping my style. I don't hink I've watched so much Hardball ever. I dig Mathews sometimes (I really watch for Russert and Brokaw), but his gang sucks. Ron Reagan is the best guy on his panel . . . RON REAGAN OF ANIMAL PLANET!!!!

Honestly I like Matthews, but the rest are terrible. I know Andrea Mitchell is married to Greenspan and the they have to promote Scarborough (God knows how bad his show is when its only him?) Ron Reagan made some good points and the fourth guy was useless. Maybe not useless, but very CVish. No one brought up the facts about Cheney voting record (nonbinding vote against South Africa free Mandela) in Congress or his opposition to weapons systems as Sec Def.

I don't know if you saw the spin alley segment on CNN when Jeff Greenfield talked about how useless the spin alley interviews were. I think Wolf was taken aback a little. That's enough on the debate and probably more than you asked for :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Thanks for the update. I also think Reagan has overdelivered in the MSNBC role. I am looking forward to tonight. It could get ugly

13 October, 2004 19:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home