Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rudderless EU: Chancellor Merkel's Dangerous Lack of Passion For Europe - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Rudderless EU: Chancellor Merkel's Dangerous Lack of Passion For Europe - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

When I heard about Kohl's criticism a few days ago I just heard some sour grapes about the next generation. However, this morning I thought that this is the gist of the Greek crisis. Does Merkel want a unified Europe? The answer is no, not if it costs too much.

I don't think any of her actions over this crisis have reassured markets. She's only thinking about elections (as most politicians do). However she's showing a remarkable lack of leadership for the European Project. If you were trying to slowly dissolve it, she's doing a pretty good job. If I were a betting man, I'd say Greece is and the Euro are in serious trouble as long as Merkel keeps up her schtick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home