Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SPLICETODAY.COM | Politics & Media | The Audacity of Defeat

I'm not sure that the roundup is not useful, but I have to disagree with a lot of it. Although it does add to a conversation I had this weekend. I think regular "Big D" Democrats are very annoyed by Obama's campaign and even more annoyed by the Obamabots. They have a certain arrogance and disdain for party regulars that is very disappointing. They don't think Clinton was a real Dem and would rather lose and have a Republican in the White House than give up some Liberal ideal. Additionally the virulence of their hate of moderate Dems or even Dems that are willing to express the idea of wanting to win is scary. The fanatics don't care if the party sinks or self destructs. They are not thinking beyond Election Day or the future of the country and their children. They are living in the now. If they are living on the edge like that, I wish they'd be willing to go to the mats and win. But I don't think so. We'll see soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home