Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bargain Hunting for Books, and Feeling Sheepish About It - NYTimes.com

Bargain Hunting for Books, and Feeling Sheepish About It - NYTimes.com

It is painful to see physical bookstore die on the vine. I do remember them as cheap dates and a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon. However with the closing of Oxford II in Atlanta I can't remember the last time I spent a really long time in a bookstore just looking. Things have changed and this creative destruction is an inevitable thing, but at the same time it is a little sad. I only have myself to blame though. I rarely would buy new books and if I did that I would certainly buy on price. It will take a really long time to run out of books though. I'm not sure that there will be that many new writers out there, but then again can you think of a time when there were a ton all the sudden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home